20 September 2012

On The Road for Almost 4 Weeks

by Ephraim Arriesgado

Dear beloved readers,

I have been on the road for almost four weeks now. 

I started my journey on board the boat from Ormoc City, Leyte to Cebu City on July 19, 2012. I flew from Cebu to Clark, Pampanga on the 20th (my first time to fly, actually). Then from Clark to Bangkok, Thailand on the 21st (my first international flight). First times are sweet times, I should say.

The arrival in Bangkok, Thailand.
Photo Credit: Regin Reyno

Bangkok and all of Thailand is amazing! Same faces, but different culture, religion, and language.

Our trip to Cambodia was heart-warming and inspiring. Why? It is because we had a great time in an orphanage in Siem Reap. And I will not forget that sunrise over Angkor Wat, it's priceless!

We squeezed some time and we explored Chiang Mai, on the northern part of Thailand. Chiang Mai is a walled city, and mountains are present there. That's why I love Chiang Mai. Next time, I will scale Doi Inthanon, Thailand's highest peak.

Next, we explored Vientiane, Laos' capital city. Landmarks are the Patuxay Monument, Phra That Luang, and the mighty Mekong River. Do you want to see the sunset at the Mekong River?

Patuxay Park in Vientiane, Laos.

My remaining days in Bangkok were spent touring around its shopping malls, Khao San Road, and the Chao  Phraya river at night.

And now, I'm back here in the Philippines. From Clark to Angeles City, Pampanga to Makati to Sta. Rosa, Laguna to Silang, Cavite.

And I hope and pray that the storm, Helen, will not be devastating. My flight to Cebu will be tomorrow, August 15 at 10:40 pm.

My thoughts thus farGod's Divine Providence has led me in this journey and He will continue to guide me as I journey through life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...